Friday, April 10, 2015

How to make eye of round

I had never tried cooking eye of round, but I'm glad I did! It made a nice weekend supper, with enough left over for sandwiches. In this recipe, you rub seasonings onto a 3-pound cut, let it sit, bake at very high heat for a short time, then bake at very low heat for a few hours.
I don't mind using the old-school method when I can't find a way to print out a recipe without all the extraneous stuff on the web pages. Click here to see the recipe I followed.
This is the finished product, which I cooked to about 250 degrees F and cut with my handy electric knife. The only thing I would have done differently was to cut it thinner. If you know how to cut a roast very thinly, please leave a comment below. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment