Monday, March 30, 2015

Rosemary

Any time I pass a rosemary bush, I am compelled to pinch off one of the pointed leaves and crush it between my thumb and forefinger. I love that aroma!
Rosemary is super easy to grow

Rosemary is simple to grow, and a good herb to try if you're just starting out. It's pretty much foolproof.

Rosemary can get 3 to 4 feet tall with very little care. You'll see a lot of landscape rosemary in the Hill Country because there are a lot of deer, and deer leave rosemary alone.

Rosemary is one of the most popular and useful in the kitchen. I like to place it in the cavity of a baking chicken. The aroma permeates the meat and perfumes the whole house.

Rosemary lends itself to hedges, formal shapes and topiary. Were I to make a formal garden, I would use rosemary as a border. Think of sitting out on a breezy evening and smelling the rosemary.

I found out that you can propagate (grow a new one) from an existing rosemary plant: Clip a 4- to 6-inch shoot from new, soft growth. Strip off a few leaves and stick it in the dirt. I will conduct an experiment and report back on the progress.

.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave a comment